Here are the most recent health care related regulatory developments as published in the New Jersey Register in December 2013:
- On December 2, 2013 at 45 N.J.R. 2478, the Board of Medical Examiners published notice of its adoption of new rules which create the Genetic Counseling Advisory Committee and will require licensure of genetic counselors in the State of New Jersey.
- On December 2, 2013 at 45 N.J.R. 2465, the Department of Health published notice of its cancellation of certificate of need calls for the following services: (1) pediatric long-term care; (2) specialized long-term care; and (3) pediatric intensive care beds and services. In addition, the Department of Health published notice that it was also postponing its certificate of need call for applicants for maternal and child health consortia changes in membership and intermediate and intensive bassinettes.
- On December 16, 2013 at 45 N.J.R. 2602, the Department of Human Services published notice of its readoption of its rules governing community mental health services.
- On December 16, 2013 at 45 N.J.R. 2602, the Department of Human Services published notice of its readoption of its rules governing payment for dental services under Medicaid.
- On December 16, 2013 at 45 N.J.R. 2607, the Board of Physical Therapy Examiners published notice of its readoption of its rules governing the licensure and regulation of physical therapists and physical therapist assistants.
- On December 16, 2013 at 45 N.J.R. 2618, the State Board of Dentistry published notice of its action on a petition for rulemaking filed by the New Jersey Dental Association requesting that the Board adopt a rule to establish regulatory guidance with respect to the corporate and/or unlicensed practice of dentistry in New Jersey. This petition was filed following the issuance of a joint staff report on the corporate practice of dentistry by the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary which found that corporations not owned by dentists operated dental clinics under the guise of providing administrative and/or financial management support to licensed dentists. The Board referred the matter to its Rules and Regulations Committee for further deliberation.