NY City Bar White Collar Crime Institute
This excellent review of developments in criminal and regulatory enforcement has been organized by our White Collar Criminal Law Committee, chaired John F. Savarese of Wachtell Lipton Rosen & Katz. Our program will feature keynote addresses by Preet Bharara, United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and Eric Schneiderman, Attorney General of the State of New York. The panels on key legal and strategic issues will include senior government officials, federal judges, academics, general counsel of leading New York based corporations and financial institutions, and top practitioners in the field. We have crafted the program to maximize their value for white collar practitioners and corporate counsel.
- Providing perspectives of top general counsel concerning the challenges they confront in this new era of expanded corporate prosecutions
- Discussions of the increasing importance of media coverage in these cases and its impact on prosecutorial decision-making.
Break-out sessions will address:
- Techniques for winning trials
- Ethical issues presented by white-collar corporate investigations
- Trends in white-collar sentencing, and
- The special challenges of handling cross-border investigations.