Alert the Media! The National Law Review is offering law students the opportunity to publish their work in the months of October & November. No entry fee is required.
- Entries will be judged and the top two articles chosen will be featured in the NLR monthly magazine prominently displayed on the NLR home page. Up to 5 runner-up entries will also be posted in the NLR searchable database each month.
- Each winning article will be displayed accompanied by the student’s photo, biography, contact information, law school logo, and any copyright disclosure.
- All winning articles will remain in the NLR database for two years (subject to earlier removal upon request of the law school).
- For more details go to NLR Writing Competition.
Why Students Should Submit Articles
- Students have the opportunity to publicly display their legal knowledge and skills.
- The student’s photo, biography, and contact information will be posted with each article, allowing for professional recognition and exposure.
- Winning articles are published alongside those written by respected attorneys from Am Law 200 and other prominent firms as well as from other respected professional associations.
- Now more than ever, business development skills are expected from law firm associates earlier in their careers. NLR wants to give law students valuable experience generating consumer-friendly legal content of the sort which is included for publication in law firm client newsletters,law firm blogs, bar association journals and trade association publications.
- Student postings will remain in the NLR online database for up to two years, easily accessed by potential employers.
- For an example of a contest winning student written article from Northwestern University, please click here.
The Submission Deadline for October is Monday September 27th!